Friday, March 9, 2012

A dialogue with myself


Who am I? I find myself asking. No I haven’t lost my memory yet! On a more serious note, too many yet too few words – a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend, a career-driver woman, a home maker and so on; but that would rather be what role I play in a given social context, how good or bad I am; but that would depend on perspective which too doesn’t sound very reasonable, maybe it is what I have accomplished; but this would be what I have rather than who I am, or is it my conscience and emotional quotient which define how I respond to various stimuli; probably but not in entirety.



When I was younger, I was so sure of who I was, until a day came when I realized I had transformed into someone I never knew – for good or for worse. It was a strange feeling of contradiction after having seen the goodness in me as well as the meanness.  With time I came to terms with my own self. I learnt. I forgave. I realized I had only one ‘me’ to love and there was no escaping that fact. While some change over a period of time some, evolve. Someday when I’m done, I would rather believe, I evolved. 

No comments: