Sunday, August 24, 2008

Flying without wings


I have always nurtured the thought of trying adventure sports. The rush of excitement that I felt seeing them on the television, made me feel that it was something I had to do… There aren’t many options around Hyderabad for such activities, so while in Bangalore I knew I couldn’t just spend all the time going places. Bangalore is a city bustling with activities of every kind. I really envy people who have lived/live here J  … Well an activity like this needs prior planning which I failed to do. I wasn’t sure if my friends here would be interested at all. But surprisingly they were in, the moment I suggested it to them. We looked at different options, called different groups to know if something could be planned at such a short notice (We were planning to go for it the very next day). Of all the possibilities, parasailing activity seemed the most feasible one at that moment. So that’s what we went ahead with…

Talking about parasailing, it’s the one of the safest aero sports (provided the harness doesn’t give away J). It’s a wonderful feeling to be flying high on your own. Nothing can beat it. Well, of course, a sky diving experience would be better of the two I feel. It didn’t last long. May be a minute or so, but none the less it was great fun. Only complaint would be that it wasn’t a nerve wrecking experience that I would have loved to have… May be something like that would need some proper planning on my part. Looking forward to the next experience…

No comments: